When life breaks our healthy branches into broken pieces, it can be difficult to see any value past those broken pieces so we hide them, ignore their existence, reject them, or throw them away. We do this as a defense mechanism to protect our selves. Instead of knowing what to do with those broken branches, we can misuse what is valuable and necessary for our growth.
At REST, we provide quality psychotherapy and counseling services using different therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psycho-educational Therapy, Solution Focus Therapy, and Holistic Therapy to help our clients get pass their brokenness and barriers. Our model is to Restore Balance, Educate to Empower, Strengthen to Overcome, and Train to Maintain wholeness, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. As your therapist, I realize that no two people are the same and will tailor my therapy to meet your specific needs and those of my other clients. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression, or any other issue, I will help you recognize the underlying roots of the problems and assist you in uprooting the barriers. I will build on your potential and current strengths so that you may fully recognize your inner strengths, help you adjust certain unwanted behavior patterns and thoughts, learn different strategies to gain a new perspective of your situation. We can take those broken pieces of branches and together we can create a nest so you can R.E.S.T.
My practice specializes in helping children, women, and families with problems as listed below. Our focuses is treating individuals and families as a whole. I offer comprehensive services dealing with:
- Children/Adolescents: Anxiety disorders, ADHD, Depression, School Life, Low Self Esteem, Homelife, Social Skills deficiency, behavioral concerns, Executive functioning ( i.e. lack of self-regulations to achieve a goal, career explorations), and bullying.
- Couples: Relationship problems/conflicts
- Families: Child/parent/siblings problems, parenting challenges, and parenting skills. stress, anxiety, depression, self esteem issues, fears, decision making, and career explorations.
- Immigrants in Transition: Cultural adjustments, stress reductions, anxiety, and hopelessness.
- Online Counseling: Work and family life, emotional regulation, activities of daily living, and stress reduction.
- Secondary ( Middle/High school) and Post-Secondary ( College) Academic Consulting/Coaching ( I.E.P’s, 504’s, Behavior plans, etc )
- Career Development
- Life Coaching
- Coaching/Consulting ( business start-up, careers, NMHCE consultation)
- Team Building
- Stress Management
- Executive Functioning
*For your coaching and consultation needs, please contact the office to further discuss availability and your specific needs.